Am a big fun of coconut, I love it in sauces, vegetables and rice. The trick is you don’t overdo with the coconut cream/milk or else too much of it is overwhelming to the taste buds.
So today’s recipe is one of my favorite the people who know me well know that am a meatball throw-down queen and am more than excited to share it with you guys.
- Minced meat
- Soy sauce
- Garam masala
- Royco cubes
- Tandoori spice
- Chilli (optional)
- Tomato paste
- Kara coconut cream
- Warm water
Method of preparation
- Wash and chop the vegetables finely into small pieces.
- In a bowl mix the meat, the vegetables, soy sauce, squeeze in the lemon, all the spices and beat in the egg. Mix thoroughly and ensure everything has mixed well. P.s leave some onions and capsicum for the sauce.
- Take a bit of all-purpose flour or breadcrumbs and put in a separate dish. Roll the meat into balls and don’t forget to dip into the dish of flour or breadcrumbs.
- Fry the meatballs or you can cook them in the oven I prefer the oven cause it cooks slow and well, unlike frying you have to be careful not to put the balls in very hot oil, the meat will not cook inside.
- Put the remaining onions and capsicum with very little oil into the pot and let it cook, add the tomato paste with water then add the cream stir and let it simmer. You can add some spices if you like your food spicy.
- Put in the cooked meatballs into the sauce and let them simmer for about 15 min. keep on adding a little water so as to have enough sauce and maintain the consistency you want.
Serve hot with desired accompaniment. I served mine with chapatti. (Rice could also work well). Enjoy..
Your experimental chef