This week if you have noticed i have been a foodie lately, if you follow me on Instagram you already know that. Since Feb is the best month why not have good meals to celebrate it daily? Don’t know what to make for dinner or lunch this weekend here is a plan
So as i promised am fully dedicated to deliver. Am back with meal two. Here i used three different methods of cooking i.e
This meal turned out very well i was even shocked.
Poached Chicken.Potato Salad.Vegetable Rice.
- garam masala
- tandoori masala
- chopped chili
- rice-small cup
- green capsicum
- margarine-1 Tbsp
How to prepare.
- Wash the chicken with clean water and vinegar. Marinate the chicken with the spices for at least 30 min( remember to put in the chopped chili and squeeze in the lemon). Wrap the chicken in the foil and put in a pot of boiling water to boil. Keep checking to see if the chicken is cooking especially in the inside. Mine kept on giving me trouble so i had to keep adding water.( never give up when experimenting with recipes) In case you get impatient and don’t know what to do just remove the chicken from the foil and just let it boil in the stock.
- Chop the potatoes in any shape you like boil in the poaching stock with garlic the juices bring in such good flavors. Keep checking on the potatoes and remove them when ready you don’t want them soggy.
- Measure water for the rice and put in the chopped vegetables add the margarine and bring the rice to boil. ( I love the taste of margarine in rice but you can use oil if you like).
- Saute the potatoes with a little oil and onions.Cut the pineapple the same shape as the potatoes and mix the two. I dint put a dressing into the salad because the pineapple has its own juice which carries a rich flavor.
- Since the food looked a little dry i used the remaining stock from poaching as a stew. It was spicy and nice. If you notice using this methods i mostly use the natural oils from the food to cook and use very little processed oil.
Yes i cleared my plate !!!!!!!